The C4DT Factory team selected some Privacy Enhancing Technology (PET) links for you. They are all related to digital trust: security, privacy, trust in general, we have you covered!
Privacy tools and resources
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) tips – the EFF is a nonprofit organization defending civil liberties in the digital world, founded in 1990
- Privacy topics – A list of selected topics around privacy
- Surveillance Self Defense – Tips, tools and how-tos for safer online communications
- Short lists – redacted lists for the most important services, between 6 and 20 services
- 12 simple tools to protect your privacy – short list for the most important tools to protect your privacy online
- Privacy tools – starts with a list of the most important tools, but allows to browse in much more details
- Privacy tools – encrypted software and apps – has ads!
- Github lists – these are long lists of services and apps with short descriptions. But they are regularly updated and mostly handled by a community of non-commercial people:
- Awesome privacy (pluja) – 2023/04 – also indicates which services not to use – List of free, open source and privacy respecting services and alternatives to privative services
- Awesome privacy (Lissy93) – 2023/02 – github based list of security tools, for all platforms – A curated list of privacy & security-focused apps, software, and providers
- Awesome security (sbilly) – 2022/09 – github based list of security tools, geared towards Linux and Open Source – A collection of awesome software, libraries, documents, books, resources and cool stuff about security